Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm told I should feel nervous...

But I'm okay.  I actually feel okay, maybe a little tired from a busy past month.  I'm excited and curious and a million other feelings, so maybe those are just covering up the nerves and fear.  Who can tell, I think it'll set in when I'm on the plane alone to D.C. in the morning.

Today was hectic and I think I'm nearly done with everything.  Sitting in the kitchen now with my mom and sister (they're going through family pictures for me to take down, telling me I should of done this earlier but I know they're having a ball doing it.)  Got all my money in order, bills paid, goodbyes said, and loose ends hopefully tied up tight.  So now it's filling time with tossing music and movies on my computer, pretending to be busy because I doubt much sleep will go down this evening.

So tomorrow will be a 7:30 flight (I'll be up at 5 quadrupole checking all my things), into D.C. by 11 where I'll meet up with a few other volunteers (my new friends!) and then registration/meetings/lectures/paperwork/ect. until 7 or 8 in the evening.  Then probably some food and drinks, sleep, and finally up again at 3:30am to get ready to the Guate!  I'll be in my new home (country) by 2:30pm on Wednesday--absolutely unbelievable still.  Maybe that's why the nerves aren't there yet, still in disbelief I guess.

My first blog entry.  I'm excited to look back at this and laugh at how wide-eye'd and young as I was writing this--sitting at this old kitchen table, laughing at family pictures, sipping a crown royal on the rocks.  Good times, much love all.

2 comments: